I went upstairs to tell Lee something and Brandon spoke up, just as I started to make noise. He has woken up from his nap. Lee went to go check on him and sure enough he was awake.
I started to go back downstairs, to finish studying, when all of a sudden, I hear "Oh my goodness!"
I ran over to Brandon's bedroom and saw Brandon had trown-up, in his sleep. His sheets were covered in, well, half digested food particals. It is not known, exactly, when Brandon threw up. There were some dried crustees on his face and clothes. He must've been lying in it for a little while. *Aw! No one deserves to be lying in barf.* I just want to cuddle him. Now, that he is clean, of course.
It's funny, not is a ha-ha way, but you don't even bat an eye when it comes to cleaning up your own kids barf. It's like, it's understood or something. This is something, that a parent knows, it needs to be done. You don't complain. You don't ask why. You just do it.

1 Comments:
The thing is, "toddler barf" is very different from "baby barf". You still clean it up. And you still don't bat an eye, and just do it. But hold you breath or keep a container at the ready in case you start to toss your own cookies, y'know?
I hope Brandon feels all better very soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home